2018 SUMMER TRAINING
NEW THIS YEAR
- There have been extensive changing to the 2018 Summer Training cycle over previous years. Starting this year, there will be fewer Recruit Trainings and NLCC Orientations. Recruit Trainings and Orientations will be combined and consolidated into fewer large trainings versus several smaller trainings in order to reduce funding expenditures. Unfortunately, this means that families may have to travel further to get their cadets to training. Recruit Training/NLCC Orientation WILL NOT be held in Texas this year. Our Region's designated RT/Orientation site will be at Camp Robinson, Little Rock, Arkansas. Though this training site is further from our previous training site at Camp Maxey, it has better facilities, and will likely provide a better training for the cadets.
- There is a high probability that we will have significantly reduced federal funding for training this year. In order to best utilize the funding we have available, NHQ has decided to prioritize funding for training by training types. NSCC Recruit Trainings, NLCC Orientations, and Petty Officer Leadership Academies (POLA) will have the highest priority for funding. All Advanced Trainings will have secondary priority.
- Due to this reduced funding, it is highly likely that Advanced Trainings this year will not receive any federal funding. This means that, while trainings will still take place, cadets and their families will have to bear the ENTIRE cost of whatever training they wish to attend instead of just paying a training deposit as has been done in years past. Please pay close attention to the cost of each training when looking at or requesting each training you wish to attend.
- For RTs, Orientations, POLAs, and any other trainings that DO have approved federal funding, the training deposits for those trainings will be increased over previous years' training deposit amounts, although we have not been informed of what these deposit amounts will be yet. We will notify everyone once we have this information.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT TRAINING
HOW TO REGISTER FOR TRAINING
1. Use the link below to find training(s) you wish to attend.
2. Make sure you know the training code, dates, and location of the training.
3. Contact the XO, INST Benson, and inform him which training or trainings you would like to attend.
4. Sign and complete paperwork provided.
5. Follow all directions listed on training schedule page, provided by INST Benson, or provided by the training.
6. Send payment for training deposit as directed by training (mailed money order or online payment).
7. Personal checks are NOT ACCEPTED by any training as payment for training deposit.
8. Only when all paperwork has been completed and the training has received your payment will the training approve your orders to attend training.
9. Arrange travel to training AFTER you have been notified that your orders for training are approved.
10. Check this page, the training schedule website (linked below), and your training's website (if available) frequently for updates and changes.
11. DO NOT contact the COTC or other personnel at the training until you have spoken to the XO, or another member of Alamo Battalion's staff.
12. If you have any questions about a training, contact the XO or LTJG Benson.